It’s 2010!!! IT’S 2010!!! IT’S 2010!!!
Wait a minute … where did 2009 go?
Forget 2009, where did 1999 go?
Last February, I woke up and realized I had just turned 40. The last birthday I remember before this one was my 30th, before that, my 21st, and before that, I don’t know, maybe turning 9, but who is keeping track? So instead of my typical Prince and The Revolution, “Let’s Party Like Its 1999,” tone for the New Year, I would prefer we all take a couple of slow, deep, breaths, close our eyes and have a brief moment of Zen ………………………………………………… Ok, now that your head is clear, what is the first thing that came to your mind when you realized we were into, not just another year, but a new decade?
Exactly!!! I better start getting my s*** (self) together! So what are we going to do? I am at that age when people start having strokes and heart attacks; kids and grand kids; season tickets to the symphony and season tickets to the Redskins! I may be able to survive a heart attack, but THE REDSKINS???
I need another moment of Zen …………………………………
I apologize for my ranting, but yet another year, or decade, has passed and I think now is the time to organize our life plan. So without further adieu, here is my recipe for making 2010 the best year ever.
- Make your health the most important thing in your life. After all, you are really not worth much to your family, friends or boss if your are dead.
- Foster great relationships and prune the tree of everyone toxic.
- Eat, enjoy and appreciate great food.
- Make the effort to help someone everyday.
- Reconnect with the powers that are greater than yourself.
- Learn something new and master something old.
- Remember that mental and emotional vitality are as important as physical strength, stamina, flexibility and appearance.
- Listen to good music, really listen.
- Learn to conserve, and appreciate the blessing of being here.
- Express love, often.
I hope to hear from you regularly in 2010.
Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying