We say this every year … last year just FLEW BY! But so much has changed going into this year, that before discussing a vision for the future, let’s spend a moment on the present.
This month, Beth Mills will be departing Capitol Rehab to pursue new ventures. Beth has been our office manager for 10 years and we are losing a member of Capitol Rehab’s Mount Rushmore. She is credited with a huge part of our success over the past decade and she will be sorely missed. Beth will always be a part of the Capitol Rehab family and we wish her much success in whatever the future holds for her.
Ayanna Crosse, massage therapist extraordinaire, will be opening her own massage studio, called Heart Massage Services, in the Woodmore Towne Centre in Lanham, MD. Opening her own studio has been a goal and a dream for Ayanna. If you have never had a massage from Ayanna, you owe it yourself. She is extremely talented and she is going to absolutely kill it in her new venture. We will miss you, Ayanna!
Last, but certainly NOT least, this New Year’s Eve, Capitol Rehab added a brand new member to the family! Dr. Gina Hahn and her husband, Josh, welcomed baby Anthony Thomas Hahn into the world at 7:22 p.m.! We were all expecting Anthony to arrive in the early part of January, but Anthony had other plans. We are extremely excited for Gina and her family. To all of Gina’s raving fans and clients, she plans to return to the office in the mid- to late spring.
What is your vision for 2020?
Remember, 2020 is the year of clear vision. I suggest we all start by keeping things simple. This has always been a major challenge for me as I tend to try and take on as many things as my plate can hold. Obviously, I always recommend starting with a vision for your health. Nobody is getting younger so we need to start getting wiser.
Here are some simple items for your checklist:
- This year, try SCHEDULING your health plan! Pull out a piece of paper and write out your Five-Day-A-Week Exercise Plan. This DOES NOT mean you HAVE to go to the gym. It does mean you need to do something physical!
- Start measuring your sleep quality. Apps like Sleep Cycle help you do this.
- Measure the amount of water you drink each day. There are apps for this as well.
- Go to your yearly calendar and schedule a monthly massage. It will do your body good.
- While you’re at it, schedule your monthly chiropractic adjustment. Don’t wait for things to go wrong. You can prevent misalignment and that quick fix will keep you moving freely with less pain.
- Meet with a functional medicine specialist to understand what’s going on inside of you. “Functional medicine” improves the quality of your bodily functions so that you feel healthier. Dr. Denia Tapscott is the newest member of our team and she is AMAZING. Call our office to talk to Iva about meeting with Dr. Tapscott.
Instead of complicating your life, start 2020 by working on the simple things first. These items are easy to schedule, track, and maintain, and the results are worth it!