- This event has passed.
Off-Season Training for Runners: Clinic With Mike Hamberger
October 17, 2015 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
As the end of the fall racing season approaches, come learn about the preferred first step a runner should take upon entering the winter off-season. Should you increase your run volume as you enter the off-season, or decrease your run volume?
What kind of speed workouts should get priority in the winter? What changes should be made to a strength training routine? How do you prevent yourself from getting lazy and out of shape over the winter? How should a training program be restructured in order to enter next spring in great shape without burning out?
Come get answers to these questions and more at our Off-Season Training Clinic with presenter and local DC Running Coach Mike Hamberger.
Become a better self-coached runner. Clinic is limited to 20 so sign up today.
Have questions for Mike? Email him.
- M.A. Kinesiology & professor of sport psychology
- Certified USA Track & Field Coach (Level 2)
- Certified with NSCA and USA Weightlifting
- 4x Boston Marathoner (marathon PR – 2:46:33)
- 3x USA Triathlon All-American and 3x Ironman finisher
- 3x Team USA World Championship duathlete (bike/run)